Thursday, December 30, 2010

Juno (2007)

Cinema Sweetheart's Rating: 10 out of 10
Director: Jason Reitman
Starring: Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner
Rated: PG-13
Genre: Comedy, Drama
Runtime: 96 minutes

There are some movies that are just wonderful every time you see them, and for me, Juno totally makes that list!  When 16 year old Juno MacGuff (Page) learns that her best friend Paulie Bleeker (Cera) got her pregnant, the only option seems to be getting an abortion.  Unable to go through with it, however, she puts the child up for adoption.  Sounds simple enough, right?  Not quite!  Filled with witty dialogue and an amazing cast, this film takes a simple enough plot and blows it out of the water.  Juno is a movie that simply just has to be seen.

Ellen Page is hilarious as the smart-mouthed Juno MacGuff, and Michael Cera is adorable as her clueless best friend.  However, there are several wonderful actors who don't get the recognition they deserve.  Rainn Wilson is hilarious as the weird and snarky convenient store clerk, and J.K. Simmons is one of my favorite characters as Juno's father Mac.

Prepare for a fun-filled hour-and-a-half of hamburger phones, orange tic-tacs, and classic lines like, "That ain't no Etch-A-Sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did, Homeskillet."  Besides that, the soundtrack is amazing!

I totally love this movie, and strongly recommend it.  A must see; put this at the top of your list!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! Love this movie. Own this movie. Juno's Dad is my favorite character in the film. The only complaint I have about the film is Jennifer Garner. I just don't like her in anything. I think it is because no matter the situation she always looks upset and on the verge of crying. It must be the droopy eyes and the pouty lips. Other than that, the movie is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, Juno, a movie I've seen, too!

    I know huh, it is a great movie. I hate agreeing with the rest of the world, but I have to with Juno. Besides, I was like the second person ever to see it, who like, wasn't in the cast and everything, so ya'll were just copying me.

    J.K. Simmons rocks. His best roll ever was in 'Off The Map.' Rent that one next!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, fellow movie buff! Thanks for stopping by :) I personally read every comment, and respond to most, so don't be shy about sharing your thoughts ;) Your feedback matters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...